Youth Leadership Program
The Youth Leadership Program is presented by the Santa Cruz County Fairgrounds Foundation and provides High School Students with vital skills to become future community leaders in our local agriculture businesses.
- This is a Free Program that requires an application and interview for consideration.
- Applicant must be an incoming High School Sophomore, Junior or Senior
- Able to commit to the program schedule: one 2-hour kickoff meeting on June 17 and four weeks in July (July 6 – 31) 9am – 1pm Monday through Thursday.
- Able to commit to twenty-five (25) community service hours at the Santa Cruz County Fairgrounds between August and December 2020
How to Apply:
- IF YOU ARE A STUDENT applying, please submit the Student Application.
- IF YOU WISH TO RECOMMEND A STUDENT, please submit the Referral Application.
- Fill in the entire application. Be sure to complete all questions.
- Submit application by mail, online or in person at the Fairgrounds Foundation office, 2601 East Lake Avenue, Watsonville before 5pm on May 1.
- Applicants will be informed by May 20.
About the Fairgrounds Foundation:
Established in 2002 to help fund the Fairgrounds as California state funding began diminishing, the Foundation has invested more than $2,000,000 towards maintenance and improvements at the Santa Cruz County Fairgrounds.
The more than $2,000,000 invested in Fairgrounds projects is a result of the dedicated efforts of the Board of Directors, Foundation Donors and the 600+ Fairgrounds Foundation Volunteers who generously give their time and money because they believe the Santa Cruz County Fairgrounds is a special place in our community.
Applications are now available. Download the form.