Holiday Lights 2021 COMMUNITY BOOTH INFORMATION
Friday, Saturday, and Sunday starting November 19
Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday thru – December 26
Presented by the Agricultural History Project and Santa Cruz County Fairgrounds Foundation
Through your entry form and payment of the $100 Booth Fee to Santa Cruz County Fairgrounds Foundation for participation in 2021 Holiday Lights, you understand, acknowledge, and hereby agree to abide by the following:
OBTAINING YOUR BOOTH: There are two categories.
- Youth Organizations or Families
- Adult Organizations or Businesses
Each category will have 15 booth spaces, accepted on a first come first serve basis. Groups will be randomly pre-assigned an approximate 10×10 space. A map designating your booth space will be emailed to you prior to the event. This map will be printed in the Holiday Lights program. Please do not switch booths with other groups.
DECORATING DATES: Your group will be decorating two of the four days to meet COVID-19 physical distancing guidelines, you will be notified prior to the event which days you have been assigned. Decorating days are as follows:
- Friday November 13, 2020 (9:00 AM – 6:00 PM)
- Saturday November 14, 2020 (9:00 AM – 6:00 PM)
- Sunday November 15, 2020 (9:00 AM – 6:00 PM)
- Monday November 16, 2020 (9:00 PM – 6:00 PM)DECORATIONS: All decorations should be well made, wind and water-resistant. Avoid using food and paper as decorations, as they will not withstand inclement weather. We recommend you use larger decorations (8’ tall is recommended) and lots of lights that will be able to be seen from a moving vehicle. This drive-thru is at night when lights are the most visible thing. Your lights will need to be on a self-provided timer. Animated decorations are encouraged. Groups will need to bring their own tools & supplies for decorating.UN-DECORATING DATES: Your group will be undecorating one of these two days in order to meet COVID-19 physical distancing guidelines. Monday December 27 or Tuesday December 28 between 9am and 4pm. Any decorations left after your undecorating date will be discarded.
FRIDAY BOOTH CHECKS: You will be responsible for checking your booth every Thursday or Friday of the 2021 Holiday Lights to ensure your booth is in tip top shape and all lights are functioning properly.
RESTRICTIONS: Decorations must not contain any inappropriate or offensive language or symbols. No profanity or inappropriate or offensive décor is allowed in your booth. This is a family friendly event please make sure your décor is appropriate for all age levels.
SIGNAGE: Holiday Lights will provide an identification sign for your booth. No other signs or banners will be allowed.
NO SUPERVISION: We are not responsible for supervising members of your group. Please be sure all members of your group are prepared to closely supervise youth.
CONTEST: There will be awards for the Most Extraordinary Booths in each category; Youth Organizations & Families and Adult Organizations & Businesses. First Place $600, Second Place $300 & Third Place $100. The winning booths will be selected by a panel of judges prior to the event. Winning booths will be recognized during Holiday Lights.
JUDGING: Judging scores are based on (1) Use of Lighting, (2) Originality/ Artistic Skill, (3) Creativity, (4) Total visual appeal