Overview for Completion of 3-year Strategic Plan during 2018
- Review/rewrite board policies
- Write employee policies
- Write job descriptions for committees
- Hire a Grant Writer
- Proceed with Past President’s responsibility of having an annual recognition party for previous Board Members
- Evaluate and upgrade our current events
- Review membership benefits
- Offer membership opportunity to past members of board of directors
Youth Leadership Program
- Complete the development of the program for launch in 2019
- Establish Planned Giving and Endowment Programs (a method of supporting the Fairgrounds Foundation that enables individuals to make larger gifts than they could make from their income; an amount of money or property left to the Foundation in someone’s will)
- Prepare and implement a marketing timeline to increase public awareness of the Fairgrounds Foundation throughout the year
PLANNING FOR THE FUTURE:
The Foundation’s Strategic Plan is a reflection of the future uses and needs of the Fairgrounds, a decision made by the Fair Board of Directors. This year the Fair Board will begin a study of future uses of the Fairgrounds which probably will take about two years. A new Strategic Plan for the Foundation will reflect future Fair Board decision about the use of the Fairgrounds. This year the Fair Board is embarking on a process to determine future use of the Fairgrounds, a process which will probably take two years.
This gives the Foundation time in 2018 to develop a plan for a Sustainable Business Enterprise with $2,000,000 revenues (amount needed from the Foundation to maintain current Fairgrounds) before we prepare a new Strategic Plan that includes capital campaigns based on future uses of the Fairgrounds.